Luxury cruise line rewards compared. Cunard offers free Internet but could go further in laundry and dining.
Cunard World ClubCunard Lines, the famous British liner company that merged with White Star Lines (Titanic) some 70 years ago, sails the Queen Mary 2, the Queen Victoria and is about to introduce a new Queen Elizabeth.
The Cunard program uses either the number of voyages you have taken or the number of days you have sailed -- whichever qualifies you first -- as the eligibility factor. Rewards are cumulative, meaning you get all the benefits of the previous level when you attain the next one.
We especially like the complimentary two hours of Internet time after just two cruises, but it does not apply to wireless access. We also would like to see a bigger discount on laundry services for the Diamond members.
Cunard is part of the World's Leading Cruise Lines VIP program, which in theory will give you equal footing in all the Carnival Corp. sister companies' loyalty programs. However, since the various cruise line programs vary so much, we don't recommend relying on this aspect. It implies that after 15 Carnival cruises you would qualify for the top tier at Cunard. We have our doubts since even Carnival requires 25 cruises for the top level.
The Cunard program is called the Cunard World Club and has four different levels with cumulative benefits:
Silver:Guests who have completed one voyage with Cunard enjoy the following:
- World Club Member Savings of up to 5% off our Early Booking Savings on all voyages
- Notification of exclusive World Club special offers
- Dedicated World Club Desk service
- Onboard World Club Representatives
- The Cunarder Magazine
Gold:Guests who have completed two voyages or 20 days onboard will receive:
- Gold Cunarder Pin
- Up to two hours of complimentary internet time
- Invitation to the World Club Cocktail Party
- Preferred reservations for Todd English
Platinum:Guests who have completed seven voyages or 70 days onboard enjoy:
- Platinum Cunarder Pin
- Priority check-in and embarkation in New York and Southampton
- An additional two hours of complimentary internet time
- Complimentary member-exclusive Wine Tasting Event
- 20% Discount on Dry Cleaning and Laundry Services
- 10% Discount on White Star Luggage Service
- Invitation to the onboard Senior Officers' Party
- Disembarkation Lounge
Diamond:Diamond membership is reserved for our most traveled guests who have completed 15 voyages or 150 days onboard. Diamond Cunarders receive the following exclusive rewards:
- Diamond Cunarder Pin
- An additional four hours of complimentary internet time
- Priority Luggage Delivery
- Preferred Onboard Sales Appointments
- Complimentary lunch at Todd English
Continue Article >> Regent Seven Seas Loyalty Program (Part 9)
Page 1: Introduction to Cruise Loyalty Programs Page 2: Mainstream Lines, Carnival, NCL Page 3: Royal Caribbean Page 4: Premium Lines: Celebrity and Azamara Page 5: Disney and Holland America Page 6: Oceania, Princess & Windstar Page 7: Luxury Lines: Crystal Page 8: Cunard Lines Page 9: Regent Seven Seas Cruises Page 10: Seabourn, Silversea and Rating all Reward Programs