Local cruises, ship departures from U.S. cities like Seattle and Boston, are back due to the economic slowdown. Here is a guide to finding the perfect local cruise for you.
Local cruises, also known as drive-to cruises in the cruise industry, are popular once again as people look to scale back their vacation costs. A local cruise saves time and money by eliminating the need to fly to your departure port. There is a local cruise for almost everyone if you live within a few hours of the coast -- East or West. Here is our local cruise guide for you:
Local Cruises from Los Angeles Several ships sail from Los Angeles year-round, most of them going to the Mexican Riviera.
- Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas begins year-round seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera in 2009.
- Sapphire Princess offers regular seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera throughout 2009.
- Holland America's Amsterdam is sailing several exotic voyages in 2009 including Panama Canal cruises, a 32-day South Pacific cruise and a 63-day world cruise including much of the South Pacific.
- Azamara Journey sails a 16-day Panama Canal cruise in the winter of 2009.
- Carnival Paradise alternates three-day cruises to Ensenada Mexico with four-day cruises that sail to Catalina Island and Ensenada.
- Carnival Pride sails seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera and one 14-day cruise through the Panama Canal to Miami.
- Carnival Splendor sails seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera year-round, 2009.
- Celebrity Mercury sails 13 day and 14 day cruises to Alaska in the spring of 2009.
- Coral Princess sails a Panama Canal voyage that includes Central America and returns to Los Angeles, and another Panama Canal cruise that ends in Fort Lauderdale.
- Crystal Serenity sails through the Panama Canal to Miami in the spring 2009, offers a 12-day cruise to the South Pacific ending in Tahiti in the winter of 2009, and begins a 106-day world cruise in January 2009.
- Crystal Symphony sails on a seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise and an 18-day Asia cruise to Hong Kong in the spring 2009.
- Golden Princess cruises to Hawaii for 14 days in 2009 and 2010, and makes one 5-day cruise to Vancouver, Canada in 2010.
- Norwegian Star and Norwegian Pearl sail to the Panama Canal and Central America, Norwegian Star makes seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera throughout 2009.
Back to Main Article >> Local Cruises
- Local Cruises from Boston
- Local Cruises from Charleston
- Local Cruises from Ensenada, Mexico
- Local Cruises from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Local Cruises from Galveston, Texas
- Local Cruises from Jacksonville, Florida
- Local Cruises from Los Angeles, California
- Local Cruises from Miami, Florida
- Local Cruises from Mobile, Alabama
- Local Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana
- Local Cruises from New York City, (Manhattan)
- Local Cruises from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Local Cruises from Norfolk, Virginia
- Local Cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Local Cruises from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Local Cruises from Portland, Oregon
- Local Cruises from San Diego, California
- Local Cruises from San Francisco, California
- Local Cruises from Seattle, Washington
- Local Cruises from Tampa, Florida