Local cruises, ship departures from U.S. cities like Seattle and Boston, are back due to the economic slowdown. Here is a guide to finding the perfect local cruise for you.
Local cruises, also known as drive-to cruises in the cruise industry, are popular once again as people look to scale back their vacation costs. A local cruise saves time and money by eliminating the need to fly to your departure port. There is a local cruise for almost everyone if you live within a few hours of the coast -- East or West. Here is our local cruise guide for you:
Local Cruises from New York City Here's your sailings for 2009 from New York City (Manhattan).
- Caribbean Princess offers seven-day cruises to New England, Canada in the fall of 2009. During the summer the ship offers nine-day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean and Bermuda, including San Juan and St. Thomas.
- Carnival Miracle offers six-day cruises to Bermuda in 2009. The ship will cruise on eight-day itineraries to the Eastern Caribbean, including San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola throughout 2009. There are eight-day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau in 2009. Two-day cruises to nowhere are also scheduled.
- Carnival Triumph sails seven-day cruises to Canada/New England in the fall 2009. Alternating four-day and five-day cruises to Canada are scheduled in the summer of 2009. A nine-day cruise to Québec City is also scheduled for 2009.
- Crystal Symphony has an 11-day cruise to Montréal scheduled for 2009 and a one-way 12 day cruise to Miami in the fall, 2009.
- Holland America Eurodam will sail a 10-day itinerary to Québec in the fall 2009.
- Norwegian Dawn will sail regular seven-day cruises to Bermuda in the summer and fall of 2009. There are seven-day cruises to New England/Canada scheduled for 2009, and a one-way 14-day cruise to Miami is scheduled for fall 2009.
- Norwegian Gem sails seven-day cruises to the Bahamas, including Port Canaveral and Nassau. There are regular 10-day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean in 2009. There is one 15-day transatlantic cruise with ports in Portugal, Spain, Italy and France.
- Norwegian Jewel has 10-day Canada/New England cruises scheduled for fall 2009 including Boston, Halifax, Québec and other ports in Canada. There is also a 14-day, Panama Canal cruise to Miami scheduled in the fall 2009.
- Cunard's Queen Mary 2 uses New York City as a regular homeport with many cruises scheduled throughout the year, including transatlantic cruises to Southampton, UK., as well as Canada/New England cruises, Southern Caribbean cruises, and two world cruises scheduled for 2009 and 2010.
- Cunard's Queen Victoria has a world cruise scheduled for the spring of 2009 of 105 days. In addition, there is a 17-day cruise through the Panama Canal to Los Angeles in winter, 2009.
- Holland America's Rotterdam has two transatlantic voyages scheduled for 2009. The first ends in Dover, England, the second one visits several ports in the U.K. before ending in Stockholm.
Back to Main Article >> Local Cruises
- Local Cruises from Boston
- Local Cruises from Charleston
- Local Cruises from Ensenada, Mexico
- Local Cruises from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Local Cruises from Galveston, Texas
- Local Cruises from Jacksonville, Florida
- Local Cruises from Los Angeles, California
- Local Cruises from Miami, Florida
- Local Cruises from Mobile, Alabama
- Local Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana
- Local Cruises from New York City, (Manhattan)
- Local Cruises from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Local Cruises from Norfolk, Virginia
- Local Cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Local Cruises from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Local Cruises from Portland, Oregon
- Local Cruises from San Diego, California
- Local Cruises from San Francisco, California
- Local Cruises from Seattle, Washington
- Local Cruises from Tampa, Florida