Deceit In A Phone Call From “My” Carnival Personal Vacation Planner
Written by: Kuki
This statement irritated me, because I know it is not true. In fact, I know many Travel Agents who will offer rates on Carnival cruises, which a Carnival PVP will not match. In fact, they can not match the prices if a Travel Agent chooses to discount the price. I also know that any Travel Agent can access all of the same prices, and discount codes (such as military rates, resident or senior’s specials) that are available to a Carnival PVP.
I was being lied to by an employee of Carnival Cruise Line, for the sole purpose of getting to me to book directly with the cruise line, bypassing using a Travel Agent.
The thought of this being Carnival’s normal business practice has got me a bit irate!
I’m an experienced cruiser, and as a writer who follows the cruise industry, I knew I was being lied to. But what about new or even experienced cruisers who don’t involve themselves with the business side of the industry. There are many people who don’t know, and don’t care to involve themselves in how the system works, and would take this Personal Vacation Planner at her word… and believe that she could offer prices on cruises that a Travel Agent would not be able to offer.
If I were a travel agent I would be up in arms that my “travel partner“, in this case Carnival Cruise Line, shows such disregard for that partnership by trying to attract my potential customers by attempting to entice customers with such blatant misinformation.
Being a Travel Agent is difficult business, even more so in these financially troubled times. Having “your partner” working against you with such questionable practices should be considered an embarrassment to your standards, and one the travel agent community should take action to put an end to.
And in my view the practice certainly is an embarrassment to Carnival.
The scheduled Part 2 of Things You Need To Pay Attention to When Cruise Planning, will appear next week.
– A View From the Kuki Side of Cruising –
- How To Contribute To The Success Of Your Cruise Vacation Cruising is consistently given the highest satisfaction ratings of any...
- Cruise Buyers Get the Shaft About 2 years ago there was a revolution in the...
- Carnival – Floundering Or Rebounding Carnival Cruise Line has certainly had a stretch of bad...
- Are Cruise Travel Agents Justified in Charging Service Fees? Traditionally Travel Agent’s earnings have been based on commissions paid...
- When is a Travel Agent A Travel Agent? There seems to be wide spread confusion over what/who is...
Posted: June 8th, 2010 under Kuki.