“Kuki” Predictions For The Cruise Industry in 2011
Written by: Kuki
- One cruise line will experiment with installing an outlet mall on their promenade.
- Another will counter with a WalMart Super Store on Lido Deck.
- To meet the demand for smaller more intimate ships one cruise line will build a boat.
- To meet the demand for larger and larger ships offering more amenities, one cruise line will install an azipod propulsion system on New Orleans.
- In an effort to alleviate the growing demands on the health care system the government will approve Medicare payments for cruise fares on Holland America.
- Onboard lecture programs will expand. Mothers will be delivering the lectures; covering such topics as: “You could poke your eye out”, “ If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you?”, “That’ll make hair grow on your palms”, and of course, “ Why would they buy the cow, if they get the milk for free”.
- The percentage of people boarding ships will rise by 13%. The percentage of people disembarking ships via the gangway will rise by 9%.
- The price of cruise fares will drop to $18 per day. Non commissionable fees will rise to $4000.00 per person.
- Areas where guests are allowed to smoke onboard will be restricted to one washroom, next to the casino.
- The building of the world’s newest largest ship will be announced, and it will be so large it will be it’s own congressional district.
- It will have it’s own “neighborhood” themes, including one neighborhood designed to present the urban atmosphere; called “The Slums”, featuring cabins with no doors.
- Following the success of the extra cost “Behind the scenes tours” several cruise lines will allow guests to attempt to park the ship in each port of call, at a cost of $201,111,111.
- A View From The Kuki Side of Cruising -
- Choice – The Driving Force of Today’s Cruise Industry Choices have always been a part of the industry, with lots...
- Mrs. Kuki Hasn’t Been On A Cruise in Two Years Recently, at dinner out with friends, Mrs. Kuki mentioned she hadn’t...
- How Cruise Ship Dining Has Changed As early as a decade ago, when boarding a cruise...
- Is Oasis of the Seas Going To Ruin the Cruise Industry? I may be the only writer in the cruise industry...
- Cruise Ship Names 2011 Coming up with cruise ship names must be harder than...
Posted: December 28th, 2010 under Kuki.