Memories Of Golf Legend Ken Venturi
Written by: Kuki
Two years ago this week, while covering a golf themed cruise on Crystal Cruise Line, I had the pleasure of meeting and spending two full weeks with golf and golf broadcasting legend, Ken Venturi, and his lovely wife Kathleen; an amazing couple.
When meeting Ken and Kathleen they exuded gentleness, class, and genuine warmth, making it impossible not to want to spend more time with them. And they were kind enough to allow me to spend a lot of time with them during the cruise.
Both loved to cruise, and Ken truly enjoyed sharing all of his golf and life stories as a lecturer on Crystal ships.
Being an avid (but bad) golfer, this was truly a life highlight; meeting and spending considerable time with a true legend. Just weeks ago Ken Venturi was inducted into the golf hall of fame, though he was already too ill to attend the induction ceremony.
This past Friday the world learned of the passing of Ken Venturi, at age 82.
Upon hearing of Ken’s passing, I sent Kathleen a note of condolence, and I must say I felt very honored when I quickly received a lovely note of appreciation from Kathleen in return, in the midst of this difficult time for her.
As my own tribute to Ken’s memory and to express my sincere sympathies to his wife Kathleen and the Venturi family, I’d like to rerun the article I wrote about my time spent with this truly marvelous couple.
I would also invite you to re-read the Virtual Cruise Report I wrote during that cruise.
Ken – Rest in peace. And thankyou for the wonderful memories!
- Ken Venturi Speaks on Golf Crystal Cruise’s Special Interest Lecturer – Ken Venturi – is...
- Crystal Virgin – It Could Be A Cruise Symphony Sunday, April 24 I board the Crystal Symphony in Los...
- Virtual Cruise – Sapphire Princess Feb. 26 – Mar. 12 We’re presently onboard the Sapphire Princess, sailing to the Hawaiian...
- Great Service Makes The Food Taste Better It’s long been my theory that outstanding service makes the...
- This Blog Is A Breeze When this Blog is posted on Wednesday morning I’ll hopefully...
Posted: May 21st, 2013 under Kuki.