Nigerian Scam Comes To Cruising
Written by: Kuki
Over the years, I’m sure most everyone has received emails from purported lawyers , offering large amounts of money from wealthy business people, or inheritances from unknown, long lost relatives. These have generally come to be referred to as Nigerian email scams.
There have been all sorts of various take offs on these scams, and now I’m happy to report they have found a version that they feel is due consideration by the cruise world.
These scammers find their email targets from all kinds of large mailing lists. If you’ve ever been on any kind of these large lists you’ve likely received some such email. Some time ago I found my email had made a rather large of contracts for Public Relation companies, and I’m assuming that what where these particular spammers found my contact information.
Interestingly, this particular even made it through my email SPAM filter, which is normally pretty good. What really peaked my interest (well really it just made me laugh) was how poorly composed and written this email was. The sender must have been one of my readers; knowing how poor my grammar and writing style are, they thought for sure I’d likely reply immediately.
I’m going to share the contents of the email below, not to serve as a public warning to protect others (you’d have to be way dumb to think it’s real… even if you do know some ship Captains), but so you can enjoy the same chuckle from it that I did.
regarding my late client from USA who was a Ship captain, he died as a
brief illness and he willed his funds to his relative whom I have failed to
locate since one year now so I will need full co-operation from you to transfer
the funds to your account as the next of kin.
for my late client soul to rest in peace.
name of my late client and the amount of funds involved once I hear from
great day as I look forward to hear from you.
- Most Important Things To Bring on a Cruise There’s all variety of packing lists available on the Internet,...
- Luxury Cruising on a Mass Market Ship? I guess sometimes I just don’t “get it,” and when...
- Is The Worst Thing About Cruising The Passengers? At CruiseMates we have a message board titled Cruise Gripes;...
- Why Cruising Is Better Today Than In The “Good Old Days”? People often the lament about what’s gone missing from the...
- Cruising Is Easier Than Ever From step 1- choosing a cruise, to booking a cruise, to...
Posted: December 31st, 2013 under Kuki.