Written by: Kuki
2013 has come to a close. I think as each year ends and a new year begins we all look back at what we’ve done, and forward to what we are going to do.
So this week’s blog is about me looking back. I’ve been writing for Cruisemates for near 14 years, and I’ve certainly enjoyed doing so. I’ve had the opportunity to experience, do, and write, about some very interesting and unique things.
Over those years, while writing about those experiences and writing an article every week, I well understand that some may have been good, and some not so good. I’m very proud of the good ones
Now, looking back, I’d like to share some of my favourites. They are not necessarily my best written or favourite articles, but they are my favourite experiences.
If you haven’t seen and read them previously, or even if you have, I hope you’ll read them here, and I hope they put a smile on your face. They did mine.
This first one is my all time favourite. I got to “work” for a day on Celebrity Cruise Line, shortly after they introduced butler service. I can’t say enough about the fun we had, and all the laughs we had behind the scenes.
#2 on my list was when I got to write and perform a stand up comedy act for part of a late night adult comedy show on Carnival. My material may have been weak, my performance was certainly lacking, but preparing for it, and doing it were a laugh a second experience.
Next up was when I was allowed to deal blackjack on a Princess ship. I still vividly remember the smiles and laughter of all the dealers as I displayed my ineptitude at thei jobs
And lastly was this article that still reflects exactly how I felt, and still feel about cruising.
– A View From The Kuki Side of Cruising –
- Were We On the Same Ship? I write some of the cruise reviews for CruiseMates.com. In...
- TMI – There are times where Too Much Information Crosses Up Cruisers Over my years writing for CruiseMates I’ve always recommended people...
- Memories Of Golf Legend Ken Venturi Two years ago this week, while covering a golf themed...
- “Out With the Old, and In With the New”..Or? With the end of year tomorrow, the title phrase of...
- The Very Best CruiseMates Group Cruise Yet Over the years we’ve had quite a number of CruiseMates...
Posted: January 7th, 2014 under Kuki.