View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Oh, I'm a VERY experienced traveller. I've been to over 200 places in 10 different countries, but this is our first cruise. It's for 22 days, not just a week. I know how to pack for myself, as I've spent many a week tossing luggage onto a train or a bus and know less is best!

This time I'm travelling with my elderly mother and want to ensure she has the best experience possible. Knowing that there isn't the option of popping into a WalMart or Target if she needs something is what is causing the packing conundrum.

The blowdryer is needed because, in my experience, the ones provided are not usually strong enough to dry my hair in under 1/2 hour! If you can guarantee that HAL's dryers are decent, I will definitely concede and leave mine at home.

Rechargeable batteries? Oh yes! I have 2 digital cameras and expect to take a minimum of 1,500 photos. (My mother is suffering the onset of dementia and I want to have many [MANY!] pictures for her to look at in years to come - she may not remember being there, but at least she can enjoy them!)

There you have it....my justification for power bars, blowdryers and battery rechargers.