View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: SINGLES/SOLOS/SINGLES/SOLOS

IBC:

I agree that a new section is needed.

BTW a solo cruiser, and fellow auditor, I met on the Statendam last year has done a book about Spontaneous Tourism. Seems there is a subset of us solo world travellers that are partial to going where the wind blows us. Author James 'Jamie' is about to make a weekend trip to Israel, a few weeks back I did a day trip (26 hours) to Maui, and my brother is always travelling somewhere around the globe on short notice. The common thread is that we have travelled so much in our lives on short business trips that we can be very efficient as tourists with compressed travel times. Some of us have perfected the art of living out of a suitcase and always have one packed and ready.

Spontaneous traveller, spontaneous tourist, escape artist, last minute traveller, adventurer, explorer - there are alot of names for us folks who seem to cluster in sports like motorcycling, mountain biking, climbing, bungi, scuba diving, sky diving and the like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I would love for Cruisemates to have a section just for tidbits of advice for those that are cruise solo. There are so many "did you know you could" tips that hardly ever get touched upon here.

Just a thought.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas