View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Renting a car at Hawaiian Ports

Rental at Kahului, Maui (off airport), subcompact, about $43 (with them filling gas) in August on my 26 hour San Antonio to Maui day trip.

Sights - Maui Ocean Center, Lahaina, Atlantis submarine, Sugar can train.

Trinkets - Hawaiian Pineapple Macadamia nut candies, taro potato chips, T-shirts.

Photo Op - Photographer vendor near the Pioneer Inn with his parrots, including a Monty Python Norwegian Blue who pines for the fjords right on cue.

Flew in, but the port is not far from the airport. Might google/yahoo the logistics from the port to the rental locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandm13
Hello,

We are cruising on Price of Hawaii in about 3 weeks. We are interested in renting a car at the different ports so that we can enjoy the islands on our own while in port.

Can anyone tell me the best way to reserve a rental car? I noticed that NCL has car rental for $39.00 but I am assuming that is per person?? I thought we might be able to do it cheaper by going through the car rental companies themselves.

Can anyone give me some insight on how we would obtain our rental car when at port and any other information you can provide.

Thank you!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas