View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Would agree with Paul that the free, young, single and looking guys would be better served with a singles cruise. Women, being benerally more social, are likely to show up more with a singles group than as solos. However, as a dive pro, life guard and scouter, I don't get odd looks going solo or talking to folks, well, at least if folks don't know I am also an auditor.

Don't know who the "right" people are to meet on a cruise - Ms. Right, perhaps? Ships aren't really the best place to meet and mingle since they are heavily filled with couples. Better odds in your local supermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
There are probably some older men who cruise solo, but they can afford it, and they don't mind the solitude. I just think it is important to forwarn single men who are not cruise experienced what it can be like.

If they are actually single and thinking about their first cruise, I believe they should try a singles group cruise - keeping in mind they are free to not participate if they so choose, and to have a solo cabin even. The point is that there is a social connection there if they want it.

That's my 2 cents
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon