View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Single/Solo Confusion.........

Do the cruise, just be sure to attend the first singles mixer. Your TA is not off base and as you have travelled solo you should be fine. Solos may hang toward the library, track/promenade and gym, singles the bars, pools, and organized shipboard activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo17
Having read the posts on this forum, I'm a bit confused. Is there a right answer when it comes to the choice, or is it just one man's/woman's opinion ? I'm travelling on my first cruise ever and solo. Have I bitten off more than I can chew ? I'm a young 58 yr. old guy who isn't necessarily looking to "hook-up", but female companionship would certainly be welcome. My TA advised me that for the length of time I was going to be cruising,(8 days) the Liberty would give me a good flavor of what cruising is like. At least on Carnival. Was I given bad info ? I've travelled alone many times before and never had trouble meeting people. I guess my question is, could I be considered some type of pariah or can I fit in ?
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon