View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm2005
We have booked a balcony cabin (E2) on the Independence of the Seas for 2009 and just noticed the room is a connecting stateroom. (It is also across the hallway from a Promenade Family Stateroom). We are not using the adjoining cabin, but our questions are: “does the connecting door increases the noise factor� and “does the door (as opposed to a blank wall) get in the way or reduce your space�? On our last cruise we never even heard our neighbors, or their TV or any other random sounds. Does the door make a difference?
This is a hard one and is somewhat dependent on the ship. I have had connecting cabins where the door made no difference but I also had one, on Celebrity Mercury, where it made a slight difference. I never noticed a noise problem but the problem was that the cabin had less storage space because of the position of the door. Where cabinet for drawers would have been there was a door.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me