View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Admiral

I wouldn't go so far as to call it cruising with the Kmart of cruise ships. Dina is right on the money in that there will always be something bigger or supposedly better out there. Our first cruise was on the Sensation and about that time Carnival started coming out with all the Conquest class ships and I allowed myself to feel a little short changed and thought that I might have made a poor choice. So of course I rushed right out and booked a back to back on two different ships, one was the newly stretched RC Enchantment of the Seas and the other was the Carnival Liberty. Well the Enchantment was a nice ship, food was not as good as the Sensation, kids club was OK, then I got on Liberty, Ship was huge, lots of people, lots of lines, terrific food, great kid's club, but kept finding myself wishing for a smaller ship with fewer people.
Everyone of us is different, some really care about types of dining they enjoy (fixed or anytime) others like a small ship intimacy, where as others feel the more the merrier. Every cruise you ever go on will have things you enjoy and things you don't. I did enjoy my trip on the Triumph, I just saw room for improvement. I also did not pay an arm and a leg for a balcony cabin, so I guess there is a trade off. If I had chosen a brand new ship such as Liberty of the Seas we were docked next to in Miami. I doubt I would be able to afford the 14 day cruise in March I just booked. I like to cruise and if the ship needs maintenance, I don't mind pointing it out in hopes they'll fix it, but I am NOT lettng it ruin my trip. Also if its cold I'll throw on a wrap, but then again I will mention it. Its just like I tell the kids. We're here to have fun, and we are gonna go with the flow. It will be an adventure.

Read and post cruise reviews