View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisematey1
Everything else was GREAT, including food, tours, service, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJtraveler
Resaurant staff poorly trained and clearly overwhelmed. Breakfast and lunch met expectations but dinner was poorly prepared.
Opinions seem to vary about food and service. It may be more of an adventure than a luxury cruise, but that's OK. One of the reasons we signed with Viking and this particular tour was to see the total eclipse on August 1st. This will be my seventh eclipse cruise and 22nd total eclipse in all. Each has been a little different and memorable in its own way.

I'll never forget my first cruise on the Canberra in '73. We were six college students crossing the North Atlantic in rough seas. Our sleeping accommodations consisted of three double deck bunk beds in a cabin under the water line and so close to the engine room, the vibrations shook everything off the table and the motion kept every door swinging back and forth most of the voyage. I managed to avoid seasickness, but the dreadful English galley didn't encourage the appetite. Still I look back on that trip with fond memories.