View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel
My wife and I love Celebrity cruises, but sometimes there are reasons to go on another cruise line. That is why we are going on the Carnival Liberty in Dec and RCCL Liberty of the Seas in May. Maybe on your next cruise you may meet someone so you won't have to sail solo again.

Manuel
I cruise solo by choice. It is the ultimate in self-indulgence. The last thing I want onboard is a romance or to make a "go on vacations with" friend. Too much work. I have cruised with hubby, with a group, with a girlfriend and solo. To date, solo beats all of the above.

When I found out about the price increase, I was able to sit at my computer that same evening and research until I found a cruise that worked for me and my personal obligations. Since I didn't have to confer with anyone, I was able to book the cruise right then and there and not have to worry about the price going up overnight while I waited for the go ahead from someone else. There is no price to pay for that type of vacation freedom. It is worth the cost of a single supplement.

I did meet one lady on my last cruise and we are going back and forth on email trying to help each other plan our 2008 cruises. If we end up on the same ship, good. We can sit next to each other at the penny slots. If we don't end up on any of the same ships, oh well. We are just giving each other helpful hints and sharing know-how.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)