View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sail and Sign account

>>1. How much will Carnival authorize against my credit card? I plan to use the card on shore and don't want all my available credit tied up on the S&S account.>>

They will hold $200 for a 7 night cruise.

>>2. Can I limit the spending allowance for my kids? Say, let them spend up to $100, and if they are going to go over that, I have to authorize more? I imagine that their accounts will be linked to mine, since I am the one paying the bills.<<

I honestly don't know if you can limit it if you use a card or not. If you want to limit the amount, you might want to put cash down so that you can have a specific amount they can spend. I know that the arcade will only allow $20 per card per day so they can't spend more than $20 per day in arcade!

>>3. Back to #1. Am I better off just giving Carnival cash instead of my credit card for the S & S account?>>

You can check your account daily to see how much you are spending (on some ships, by interactive TV in your room). I use my VISA check card so no credit card bill at the end of the trip! Have a great cruise.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04