View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Default Cost Saving Tips???

We are treating ourselves to a luxe cruise and have decided upon Crystal (over Silver Seas) based upon the itnerary and everything we have read on this forum. You all do such an excellent job of providing quality info.

Taking Crystal is a stretch financially for us, but we are celebrating a special occassion. Anywhere I could save some money along the way would be helpful. Also I need to feel as though I always do my "due dilignece research" resulting in getting the best DEAL!

One agency is offering me a value-added package consisting of $300pp on board credit and pre-paid gratuities.

My questions to you:
1. Is this a good deal
2. Does prepaid grats apply only to steward and wait staff or does it also cover grats at bar, specialty restaurants, etc...In other words, are ALL grats inclusive
3.Pre-paid means I do not incur those costs

Any additional discount opportunities you can think of?...i.e First time cruisers? I also read about reeiving sponsorship from a Crystal cruiser booked on your same sailing which could afford you ship credit. Is that true or urban legend? If true, could you elaborate?

I suppose we could cruise on a less expensive line, but we really would like to sail Crystal.

Any info and cost-saving tips would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links