View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Dont do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbashaw
Just got off the Norwegian Star this past Saturday(11/24). Never again! Worst, most expensive vacation ever!! The food was awful, the entertainment was horrible(except the magician and the Chinese Acrobats). The magician performed his last show on this cruise, so no telling what will replace him. You have to stand in line @ 6:30am to make dinner reservations for the following evening...even for the "free" restaurants. No reservation means that you have to eat at the buffet, which is not fit for a dog.

Do yourself a favor, chose any other cruise line or better yet, dont cruise at all. The only one in our party that enjoyed the cruise was our 10 year old boy. He doesnt mind eating bad pizza and mac/cheese every day and can roam the ship by himself and eat ice cream every day...a 10 year old's dream. We ended up paying $80-$120 every night for dinner at the better restaurants, because the "free" food was inedible. Total cost was app $1,000.00/day!!
sorry, I don't know what Star you were on, but flip to one of the other boards and see what others are saying about the Star. I can't beleive things changed so fast in one month plus. We never waited a minute and ate from 6pm to 7pm every night. One night we ate at Endless sumner, yes, a reservation dining room, but no sur charge. I have cruised over 20 times, on all mass marketed lines except Princess and never had food much better than Endless Summer. R$1000.00 a day is very hard to believe unless you had a suite and jsut spent money anywhere you wanted. What about Blue Lagoon for lunch or late snacks, you call the food there awful? WHat cruise lines have you been on previously? As for 6:30am for the next day, we were on a sold out ship and found the best way to do the reservation thing was just to wait til about 10am. The crowds were gone and we only had one problem. We could not get reservations in the Italian restaurant. We tried the last nigh, just waited too long.

Food is subjective, but I do think you may be going a little overboard with your complaints,. Of course cruising thanksgiving week can be less than a positive experience. We have done it tiwice, never on NCL and never would we do it again.

Nita