View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley0403
I think you have to keep in mind that you're paying, in our case, less than $100/day for everything - room and board as well as travel. I have certainly had better food and service at other restaurants but have also paid over $150 for two people and that was just for food. It is certainly all relative and I believe most of it is what you choose to make of it. I've had horrible meals in restaurants but still had a fantastic time because of my frame of mind and the people I am with. I am not saying some do not have a bad experience with cruising but it all has to be kept in perspective and you have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I have never done it but have heard the mega-expensive cruise lines do give 5 star service but you pay out the nose for it. I'd prefer to pay less and have a good time than pay 3 months mortgage payments for a somewhat better time (re: food and service). I have not cruised NCL yet - this is my first time - but I am pretty certain I will have a great time even if one server or one meal is not perfect.

I plan to check out Blue Lagoon. I"ve heard wonderful things about it. Granted, its more of the bar food fare but that's right up my alley at times. Thanks for all the input!!!
My thoughts 100%. we are cruising Princess in January, like you, the price is less than $100 per day per person for an outside cabin. We will also get an OBC> Do we expect Ruth Chris food or broadway stars entertaining us? No, we expect decent meals, fun, clean cabins and a chance to spend 7 nights relaxing and not worrying about anything. any extra funds we have we can use for alternative dining if we choose, shore excursions, shopping or whatever is important to us.

Attitude and knowing what to expect is the secret to a good time, whether is cruising, a trip to Vegas, Europe or just out to eat some night.

Nita