View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What to pack for kids??

DreadLockCruiser,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I posted this on the Carnival board also, but i wanted other opinions/ideas...
I have four children, ages 5,7,12 & 14. Generally when I cruise alone, I pack very VERY heavy for myself. I always bring home unworn clothes. So I don't really know what is "normal". I am thinking the kids will need about 2-3 outfit per day, but that seems like alot for a 7 night cruise. The reason I think they need 2-3 is because i am sure we will dress in the morning, then again after excursions, pool or whatever, then again for dinner. Does that seem like a little much??

What do you pack for your kids??

PS, my 14 year old daughter is trying to take everything in her whole closet..!
Yes, that's way excessive. The best strategy is to shower and dress for dinner. The tops that you wear to dinner on "casual" evenings are quite adequate for the next day's activities, though you probably will want to trade pants or skirts for shorts if you are in the Caribbean or other warm destinations.

For boys, the following should suffice for a seven night cruise with two (2) "formal" evenings and five (5) "casual" evenings.

Wear to ship:

* Polo Shirt
* Undershorts
* Slacks
* Belt
* Socks
* Dress Shoes

Pack:

* 8 Polo Shirts
* 8 Pairs Undershorts
* 2 Pairs Slacks
* 4 Pairs Shorts
* 8 Pairs Socks
* 2 Swimsuits
* 1 Island Print Shirt
* 1 Pair Sneakers or Deck Shoes
* 1 Pair Flip-Flops
* 1 Pair Water Shoes (Surfwalkers (R) or Similar)
* Tuxedo or Dark Business Suit
* 2 Formal Dress Shirts (for Wear with Tuxedo) or Standard Dress Shirts (for wear with Business Suit)
* 2 Bow Ties with Matching Vests or Cummerbunds (for Wear Tuxedo) or Four-in-Hand Ties (for wear with Business Suit)
* Cuff Links, Studs, Tie Bars, etc., as Required for Dress Clothes

For girls, the following should suffice for a seven night cruise with two 2 "formal" evenings and five (5) "casual" evenings.

Wear to ship:

* Bra Top or Leotard
* Panties
* Slacks or Skirt
* Belt, if Required
* Hose, if Desired
* Dress Shoes

Pack:

* 8 Bra Tops or Leotards
* 8 Pairs Panties
* 2 Skirts or Pairs of Slacks
* 4 Pairs Shorts
* 8 Pairs Hose, if Desired
* 2 Swimsuits
* 1 Island Print Dress
* 1 Pair Sneakers or Deck Shoes
* 1 Pair Flip-Flops
* 1 Pair Water Shoes (Surfwalkers (R) or Similar)
* Formal Dress
* 2 Sets Jewelry & Accessories for Wear with Formal Dress
* 2 Cocktail Dresses, if Desired

If your cruise has "informal" or "semiformal" evenings, you'll need to add the appropriate items for those evenings to the list. Note that this list is only clothing, so you'll need to add the other items such as toiletries and items for activities en route appropriate to their ages. See the "Packing Made Simple" thread on the "Cruise Dress and Packing" board for a more complete list.

Note that these lists include one extra change of casualwear for emergency use. If a spill or other mishap forces an extra change of clothes, you can always send a change of clothes to the ship's laundry.

Norm.