View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnl90

Nita

The main buffet on Norwegian Star (11/24/07 to 12/2/07) was like hospital food. The eggs were cold in the morning. The oatmeal was like soup, I kid you not, it was watery. The danish and rolls were like those found in gas stations, only these were not wrapped in cellophane. As for lunch, there were no sandwiches or salad bars. Just a pre made ice berg salad. And some sort of stew over rice or noodles. We went the first day, and thought it must be because we are still in port. We gave it a try the next day and found the exact same menu. I wasn't even tempted by the deserts on this buffet, is that a clue as to how bad it was?

As for the buffet around the pool, the french fries were cold but OK. The hamburger was so dry and hard I couldn't eat it.

I would walk as fast as I could through that deck when I was forced to. And each time, I could see that the menu never faltered.

As for dinner, we only tried the $15 surcharge restuarants. At those we were pleased with the food. The service varied.

I will say the coffee was always good in every restaurant. But I am still at bit miffed at paying $71 for unlimited diet cokes for the week. I understand that used to be as low as $15 on other cruises.
you understand 100% wrong, there is no line that offer unlimited soda card for anywhere neer $15.00. they couldn't. Think about what you are saying, $15 for unlimited soda for one week? some lines offer a limited soda card, like 20 for a flat price, but it is more than $15.00. The infomation you are getting could be based on a 2 or 3 night cruise. I do agree $71 is a heck of a lot. As for the breakfast buffet, remember we were just on the same ship; they have a sandwhich bar daily, hamburgers and hot dogs freshly grilled while you wait and an omelete station where you get your omeletes, eggs cooked to order and hot waffles. Maybe you didn't see any of this. They were all located directly outside the buffet area, near the pool. I am not sure how you could have missed it, but maybe, if you took the inside elevator to the buffet and never ventured out at all you would not be aware of this. Of course the smell of fresh grilling would normally drive walk in that direction. I just think you didn't investigate enough thus some of your bad experiences were due to this. Again, I am sorry you had such a lousy time, what a waste of a week, but not all of your problems were caused by NCL.

Nita