Thread: Cat. 1-A cabin
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfleo
Stateroom 8357 on the verandah deck, and 2201 on the main deck
I assume you are talking about the Liberty since that is your next Carnival cruise.

I have never been in either cabins but 8357 looks like one of the big squares. I would book that one. 2201 is at the very very front of the ship. It only has one twin bed and a sofa. I stayed in 2205 on the Destiny and didn't care for that room. It was identical to 2201 except 2205 had two porthole windows (almost useless). My displeasure came from the fact that the one twin bed sat about 2 feet from the wall and the bed was too narrow to roll around or move much without the fear of falling out. For me, I like the bed up against the wall so that I can move and have a barrier. In 2201 and 2205 there is space on both sides of the bed. I didnt' like that and I will not book that cabin again. I rarely used the window and could have easily have lived without it.

Another thing about 2201 is that you will hear the anchor and the engine during every port call. This means that you will hear the mechanism of the anchor at around 5 or 6 a.m. each morning that you are in port. You will also feel the vibration of the engine and the dips and jumps of the ship in the water more in this cabin than most of the others. In other words, it will be a bit bumpy. This motion will either rock you to sleep or bother you.

Of the two cabins, I would go for 8357. I bet it is a big old cabin with plenty of floor space to move around.

Good luck and happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)