Need advice for London, England
We are doing our first Europe cruise in August. This is totally new to us so we need lots help from our fellow CruiseMates. We always get travel insurance. For this cruise it is over $500! But it’s better to be safe than sorry especially spending this much $.
1. We are cruising out of Harwich, England but want to stay in London two days before cruise; which airport should we fly into? Heathrow or Gatwick?
2. Do we book our air and hotel or let RCI do it. We have always done these ourselves to get better prices and times.
3. Do we pre-arrange transfers from airport to hotel?
4. Best way to get from London to Harwich?
5. Do we need to get currency for the different ports; Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia and Estonia? In Canada, we always used our credit card and let them do the exchange for us for a small fee. Should we do the same?
Any other advice or things we need to know?
Teresa and Larry
#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean
#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration
270 days at see; soon to be 302