View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Crown Princess, first time on Mega-ship

Hello CruiseMates!! Except for the last couple of days it's been several months since I've been around here. That's because we did not have a cruise scheduled. But now we have scheduled a fourteen dayer in an effort to defeat old man winter.

We are on the Crown Princess March 15-29 out of San Juan, Eastern and Southern Caribbean. We are veteran cruisers and have been on Princess 3 times before, but this will be our first time on one of the mega-ships, or on any mega-ship for that matter. The largest we've ever been on before is the 75,000 ton Island Princess, a pana-max ship. Mostly we have been on more exotic longer cruises with HAL in the 50,000 ton class.

I have heard that the really big ships don't seem all that crowded because of traffic patterns etc. But I am a bit skeptical of that.

Has anyone been on the Crown princess or one of the sister ships? Can you offer advice on mega ship cruising? What should we expect? Do they use two doors in port? Two points for tendering? We have a verandah room amidships, and traditional, late seating dining.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10