View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lucky you! Hawaii will be our next cruise destination. Laundry rooms on the Diamond are well lit and clean. There are two ironing boards and irons available. No charge for using them. I think it's $1 per load to wash and the same to dry. The change machines always seemed to be out of change, so bring quarters or get change at the Pursers desk. Laundry detergent and fabric sheets are extra. I think about $1.00 each. I'm sensitive to soaps, so bring along my own powdered soap and dryer sheets. I double bag them in ziploc bags and toss them in our suitcase. It's convenient and makes our clothes smell wonderful when we take them out of the suitcase. One thing we always pack is a small collapsable mesh basket. You can pick one up at Walgreens or Wal-Mart. It'll lay flat in the bottom of your suitcase. Just pop it open and place it in your stateroom's closet and toss your laundry in it at the end of the day. When you're ready to do laundry, just grab the basket and go. Princess offers free laundry service for the highest level of membership. We're Platinum members working on achieving the next level. :-) Have a wonderful cruise!