View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Passenger

We did the Trolley Tour in KW. When you disembark, walk into town and bear left. I believe the tour we used was accross from a pirate museum.
If I recall back to 2003, it was about $20 pp and you could get off at any stop and explore. The drivers were funny and very informative and it was a great way to see KW and get a feel for it. This Buffett fan highly recommends you stop at Margaritaville.
We have been to Cozumel twice. The first time we did the Fury Catamaran trip which is one of the best excusions I have ever done.....snorkeling, time at private beach with kayaks, then dancing onboard on the way back! Last March we were back again and took a taxi to Chankanabb. They are available at the pier, maybe $10 to Chankanaab and then the entry fee was $25-30. THere are discount coupons available if you look on the Cozumel travel websites. There are mock ruins there to explore, gardens, and a beach. THe beach has a coral wall into the water with steps, the snorkeling was decent. THere is a small childrens beach that has sand leading into the water. There is dolphin swimming for an extra charge. ALso some palapas, chairs, and drink service at beach and restaurant as well. A nice low key day, not the best beach, but an easy do it yourself trip.
As far as hurricaine damage, there is rebuilding everywhere. The pier we docked at in 2003 is totally gone, as is the nice little beach right off the pier. We were at the International Pier both times. Lots of shopping right there. The pure vanilla is a must.....bring me some....my mother-in law is out. Maybe that is my excuse for another cruise back!
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98