View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Admiral

I do pack a large duffle in my carryons for this purpose (best not to check any luggage anymore on inbound flights since more flights today are filled to capacity and thus more likely to send your luggage on its own vacation). Out with the dirty laundry and in with the souvenirs. If you have paper souvenirs sometimes placing a two foot mailing tube in your luggage (filled with socks, etc. on the inbound flight) is good to protect them from getting crushed. No problems ever with this arrangement. Also, been known on long audit assignments or cruises to mail laundry home if I need the space in my luggage for souvenirs like audit work papers, documents, and other stuff I can't trust to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jane
We are sailing on RC Freedom of the Seas-no self serve laundry. I was thinking of packing an extra duffle for laundry and will check that bag on the way home along with our other luggage, this will also make room for souvenirs in our luggage. Has anyone done this? Does anyone see a problem with doing this? It would just be clothes in the duffle so it won't matter if it gets smashed by everyone's luggage. Thoughts?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas