View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Passenger

I did some research at work yesterday and here is what I found verbatim from the US customs website

"While Federal regulations do not specify a limit on the amount of alcohol you may bring back for personal use, unusual quantities are liable to raise suspicions that you are importing the alcohol for other purposes such as for resale. CPB officers are authorized to make on the spot determinations that an importation is for commercial purposes and may require you to obtain a permit to import the alcohol berfore releasing it to you...... Also, you should be aware that state laws might limit the amount of alcohol you can bring in without a license...That state law will be enforced by CBP...We reccomend that you check with the state government about their limitations on quantities allowed for personal importation and additional state taxes that might apply"

So I guess now I have to see if Texas has any limitations. I wouldn't worry about it so much, except there really isn't anyone to divvy up the alcohol with- Everyone that's going with me is an alcoholic senior in college just like me! !