View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by divetrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

Steve and I did some of the best duets on the Imagination last week. I LOVE to sing harmony. (more than singing lead)

I don't who I am more excited about seeing...John and Heidi or you and Kuki!!!
LHP,

How did you enjoy Steve on the Imagination. Give us a review! (and on the other board too).

Don't tell John that you're more excited about meeting me and Kuki. He'll pout... ! Cute....very cute.

Cheerios,

Laura
Steve was a super nice guy. I believe (if I remember correctly in the "haze" I call my memory) that he has been with Carnival for 2 years.
(either 2 years or 2 contracts????)

He plays very well. He is actually self taught. I have had 10 years of piano lessons and gone through the National Student Musicians Guild and I can't do what he does!!!

He does not use any "musical enhancements". No mini-keyboards, or drum effects....just the piano and the microphone.

He voice is more to the gruff side than the smooth side. I believe he has a 200 song selection. He puts the books out on the piano with his list.

He and I did several duets and I did some solo stuff. He only had one mic and that made the duets a little difficult. I MUST prefer duets to solos. I have a harmony HOUND!!!! LOVE IT!! If I had my choice, I would be a backup singer before I would be a lead singer any time!!!

I had some music with me "Chances Are" by (Bob Seger and Martina McBride) and we worked on that. It was a duet that I was doing with another passenger in karaoke.

He had a good following every night with a lot of repeat customers. His tip jar looked pretty full every night. (one of the signs I look for)

He is pretty much up for anything....except drinking. He doesn't drink.

A lot of fun. I would be happy to see him on the Entertainment board when we boarded the ship!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND