View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 40 yo SF looking 4 cabin mate 4 NCL Caribbean Cruise 11/

I was supposed to cruise Thanksgiving but son Stephen and I worked on an Eagle service project with our scout troop instead. We have had to call all our scheduled open water dives in the past months due to work. Weekends have been booked with hiking, swim-dive-snorkel-lifesaving, or horsemanship sessions for our scouts headed to Florida Seabase, Philmont and a cavalcade at Bufallo Trails Scout Ranch.

Victor and Trey, fellow dive pros, did a CPR class for my company today and Victor was razzing me at lunch as he just came back from diving with tiger and hammerhead sharks with Maggie, one of our young divers about my son's age. Last dive I managed was just a pool dive for an ROTC class of 20 about 2 weeks ago.

There is much to see out in the saltwater and you can also get underwater fish slates or flip cards if you want to keep track of who is who. Was your buddy using a slate to ID the fish? I'm becoming an underwater sign language instructor to be able to communicate hands free with my scouts underwater.

So far I'm scheduled to solo the Eurodam in the fall and still looking to catch the Rotterdam (transatlantic?) this year.

Assume you snorkeled HMC by boat? Get to shore snorkel to see the reef balls inside the roped swim area on the beach? Nice assortment of critters have moved into the artifical reef structure. BTW, 2008 is International Year of the Reef!

Have fun up in PA. My kiddo's a twig of the old Boone family from up there and we just had the "joy" of finding that Britney Spears is kin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarvel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Kath:

BTW, did you ever get to snorkel HMC this fall?
Yes I did. I went with someone I met on another board - there were probably 20 of us on that roll call. I snorkeled with him and his wife in Torotola, and we did the snorkel trip on HMC. Worked out well for me since he dives a lot and identified everything we saw - pointed out things that I totally would have missed.

How are you doing? How was your cruise? You went with your son over Thanksgiving, didn't you?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas