View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Default liberty of the seas vs mariner of the seas

First time cruiser, myself, husband, 12 & 18 year old sons. Initially I struggled with choosing between the easter and western route. I wasn't thrilled about going to Jamaica or stopping at 4 ports 4 days in a row. I want to have a few days to enjoy what the ship has to offer. So I chose two promenade cabins on deck 8 for the 7 day eastern caribbean on Liberty of the Seas for Oct 12 08. Our stops are : San Juan, St. Maarten and Labadee.

I am considering changing to Mariner of the Seas 7 day eastern caribbean Oct 12, 08. Stops are CocoCay, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Is it true that the Freedom Class is a "stretched out" version of Voyager Class plus the flo-rider? Is the surfing simulator reason enough to book this class of ships? My kids saw a doc on travel channel about Freedom of the Seas. They were impressed with what the ship had to offer including the flo-rider.

There is only a $150 difference in the two cruises. I would appreciate any advice or opinions about the two ships and ports of call. I'm sure we'll enjoy this cruise and book another on in the future. I'm still anxious about choosing the right ship and ports for our first experience. Also, should I be concerned that I am cruising during hurricane season?
Sponsored Links