View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Kuki,
You are welcome to go to the hospital on Roaton, I'd rather take my chances on the ship! The man and his son said in the account I read that the "hospital" and medical care there was so primitive and inadequate that they decided to just go home rather than risk it!

Fact: They sought medical help from the ship's medical staff. Instead of getting help, they were treated like pieces of expendable human garbage by the cruise line, kicked off the ship and abandoned in a third world hell hole because the ship's Doc figured 'out of sight out of mind.' Inexcusable!

I was aboard the old Royal Cruise Line's Crown Odyssey in 1991 in St. Petersburg USSR when an elderly woman slipped on tour and broke her hip. The medical staff and the Captain held up sailing for 4 hours so they could extract this poor woman from what the ship's doc considered a substandard hospital there, so we could take her to a decent hospital in our next port, Helsinki Finland. Now THAT is mature reasonable judgment showing concern and compassion for your passengers

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10