View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: leaving on monday...any last minute suggestions?

Kelly, early congrats. Have a great cruise. Really, as much as you may not want to, go to the shopping talk on board the boat. People say Carnival gets a kick back, ok, but I felt better shopping at stores they recommend. Everything at the pier in Coz will be OK. Touch of Gold had pearls for $1.00 an inch, black, pink, white. Fun little thing to take home, a bracelet for $10.00! They also had some loose stones for good prices. I was told by my jeweler here at home, however, that sometimes those stones are a little off shape and to set them, you "might" have to get a setting made. Hasn't happened to us yet though.............Cinco de Soles, great place for little silver rings, earrings, etc. Can't dicker there though, pretty set prices. For nicer jewelry Tanzanite International or Diamonds International.........just know what you are looking for as far as cut, color, clarity because the info will overwhelm you and you won't know if you're getting a good buy or not. Eat everywhere on the ship!!! The Inspiration has a sushi bar that opens about 4:00 each day. Great place for appetizers before dinner. The 24 hr pizzeria is great, so are the ceasar salads there. The deli in the Lido buffet is good and the 24 hour ice cream/yogurt machine is wonderful. The Atrium Bar has great cappucino. Ask for whipped cream, hey you're on your honeymoon! Carry an extension cord for your hair dryer. The Inspiration bathroom has a medicine cabinet (nice size) and in the shower there is a dispenser for shampoo and shower gel. Go to Mr. Sanchos beach or Chankanaab in Coz. I didn't care for Grand Cayman so I can't tell you much there except that we had fried conch and some kind of juice at a little restaurant there. Shops were OK, but even though Coz has gotten a little more commercial, the selection was better there. Have fun girl!