Thread: Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Marc:

Thanks for the luggage tip. This would be a fast and light trip to tag Asia from the East rather than from the west (Istanbul) and then on to check out London Gatwick logistics. Generally scan ports and airports in advance of any trip with my kiddo. May also do a boomerang long weekend to Sydney. Tested the waters with my 26 hour day trip to Maui from Texas last summer. 8)

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Flying into Hong Kong is easy. Immigration and customs a breeze on each arrival. Limo, taxi, or train are all reasonable routes into either Kowloon or Hong Kong Island. I chose taxi last time as hotel wasn't on airport train line and there were two of us. Previous time we arranged a smal bus as there were four of us and lots of luggage. If on your own, I would recommend train.

When leaving HKG, be careful about carry on luggage. What passes as standard 22" rollaboard in US will not pass muster. I had to go back to check in counter and have agent give me a special tag so I could make it past the check point.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas