View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Y E S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I would ot have it any other way. If I had to go on a Fantasy class ship I will book Cat 12 cabin only. Any other ship, balcony or nothing.

I came back recently from a seven day on the Conquest and I had seven days of very little sleep. My mother snored all night and I am alight sleeper. I would wake up and chances are likely I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. I found that I would wake up anywhere from 5am-6am and just sit out on the balcony for a while (anywhere from 20 minutes to 90min+) and then get dressed and go for breakfast around 7am. I was up around 5:15am when we were porting in Grand Cayman and I watched us sail on the south side of the island and then finally anchor well over an hour later.

I also find that the balcony is a nice place to just hang out mid day when you want to get away from the open deck and have quiet time and just read a book or listen to music (on my Zen). It is also a good place to watch sail aways if your side is the side you are docked on. Another thing is after a long day on shore I am so tired I unpack my goodies and just hang out in the cabin for a good hour or so to recharge the batteries enough to go get something to eat....

Suite balconies are even better because they are long and some are HUGE.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....