View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Verandah suit, is it worth it...balcony?

Depends. BTDT all over HAL's ships. To get true value for the premium for a balcony you might want a southern cruise where it is warm in that robe, there are islands to see (i.e. no fog/rain/mist/drizzle) and critters in the water - dolphins, whales, flying fish, etc.

That said, you are in the sweet spot as early August weather up there is generally good.

As to privacy, the balcony is only as private as the people on either side want it to be and don't forget those window washers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle
My wife and I will be taking a cruise on the Oosterdam in Aug to Alaska.
I right now I have a OceanView room but I am thinking of paying more for a Verandah suit that has an outside balcony.

So how much privacy do the balconys have? Can I go out there in my robe. Are the balconys worth the money?

What do you think?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas