View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Stingray attack in Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
MARATHON, Fla. (March 20) - An eagle ray leaped onto a boat off the Florida Keys on Thursday and stabbed a woman with its barb, knocking her to the deck and killing her, a Florida wildlife investigator said. A woman who was on a boat with her family off the Florida Keys died Wednesday after an eagle ray leapt out of the water and struck her in the neck with its barb, local media reports said. It's unclear whether the 55-year-old Michigan woman was killed by the eagle ray's barb or by falling after the attack. The animal is seen above on the boat.

"It's a bizarre accident," said Jorge Pino, an agent with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

We did the tour in the Caymen Islands. Stingray City. I found the Stingrays there to be very gentle.
We are planning on this tour again in May.

Darlene
Thanks alot for that. I'm leaving in 9 days for a cruise, and I was planning on doing the Stingrays in Grand Cayman. Does anyone know, has anyone ever been stung there? Now I'm getting nervous!

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009