View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber
Curious....how is the carnival's food compared with royal caribbean? We have done both....forgot what Carnival was called...RC windjammer's food was excellent. Please do advise...as we may do carnival again..as being cheaper being closer to the port?
Thanks
MJ
I've heard carnivals much better. I havent cruised rcl, but wanted to in November, but food unfortunatly is a huge thing for us (egads) and i will go where the food is better.

carnival did give lobster and great prime rib, just stay away from chatieubriand (yucky), the buffet tho sucks, but most ships have kiosk dining also like panini's, chinese, sushi, pizza and sometimes seafood. Those for the most part are great. Ofcourse the burgers and dogs are good too. I really hated the buffets, but rarely had a meal in the dining room not good, and once i had a bad meal and i sent it back and got something else, the next night the maitre'd sent me a bottle of champagne. The specialty restaurant was the best i'd ever had. If we cruise carnival next time (conquest class) were going to bood 2-3 nights in the specialty restaurants...omg drool.