View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruisemate Needed May-Sept 2008 ~ 20s

Could also Amtrak down, not necessarily to FLL, but to BWI which is a SWA airport? The card trick is doable with other airlines - just takes longer IMHO. If you want to rust, not tan, you could grab a western coastal repositioning cruise from San Diego/Los Angeles to Seattle or Vancouver BC - they can be 1-4 days and cheap, or try a transatlantic and ditch the ship at Bermuda after a few days - some in the $500 range pp?

I believe Carnival stockholders may also get a discount on the line - might look into that angle, too. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqkali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Just a tip - look into a Southwest Airlines VISA card with 8 credits at sign up. Run your bills through the card to the amount of $8,000 (paying the card in full each month) and you will have the 16 credits needed for a free flight. SWA does Albany and from there you can get to the Florida cruise hubs. Your best fit is probably Carnival, Western Caribbean. 8)
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, SWA doesn't fly out of ROC and paying to drive/park at Buffalo doesn't really make a free ticket worth it IMHO. I'll have to look into credit cards for other airlines - I never thought of doing that before
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas