View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Beginner

Default Holland America for kids???

We have just planned our 1st cruise to the Caribbean with Holland America on the Eurodam on November 8. We were torn between the Crown Princess and the Eurodam and we finally decided to put a deposit on the Eurodam as it is a newer ship. We really liked the Crown Princess as well and I'm still torn between the 2.

More advice and/or opinions would be appreciated!

1) I have a 7 and 4 year old . Will they enjoy Club HAL or Princess Pelicans better?

2) My husband and I are in our mid-late 30s, will the Holland America ship too "old" for us?

3) Has anyone done a Suite on Princess or Holland? if yes, did you like it. Is it worth the extra money?

Our only concern with Princess, RCI and NCL is the passenger capacity,with over 3000 people on them. We don't like crowds too much and fear that it would overwhelm us. We were drawn to Holland because of the simple and classy ships, less passengers and supposedly good food.

My travel agent tells me that my kids are at an age where they will have fun on any ship and since it is our 1st cruise it will be great for them anywhere so he suggested we choose a ship to cater more to our needs. I think our main priorities are a good stateroom, kids club and a good spot to just lay in the sun and do nothing! We just really want to experience cruising and what it's like to be on a ship.
Sponsored Links