View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Passenger

Depending on the price ---- I would like a Cabana -- Our family traveled on the Veendam in 2003 with a six year old who enjoyed swimming by the pool. In my experience, some passengers would put down towels on the poolside chairs when they went to breakfast and would not return until afternoon. We used their "reserved" chairs anyway and would politely get up when they showed up in the afternoon. Passengers appeared very miffed that we would dare sit in their chaise. This was our first Holland America cruise and this behavior seemed accepted practice. I would happily like to have a Cabana to avoid the hassle. I think this would also curtail the practice of reseving seats, when I could reply, "the cabana are the only reserved seats!" Ha, that would have been great!!!!

We went on a RCCL last year and never had a problem with the "saving seats" like on Holland America. I think the problem lies in not enough pool area and pool area seating on the Veendam. I think it was the only negative I experienced on Holland America.

Free Cruise Clocks