View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Beginner

After booking our HAL cruise on Nov 8 on the Eurodam, my husband found out he had a very important meeting that week so we have decided to change our date to Dec 13. I think with it being closer to the holidays we might get more kids on the ship (I could be wrong).
In any case, we feel the kids club is a place for the kids to enjoy and be entertained for a few hours and not a place for you to "dump" your kids for the entire day. We DO want to spend time as a family and enjoy the cruise together. We chose the HAL because from their brochure, website and comments we've read on multiple cruise websites, it feels like a luxury cruise ship with good food and service (that is important to us) and will not be so crowded and "noisy" as bigger cruise lines.
While doing our research, we stumbled upon videos (from passengers who put them on YouTube) on Princess ("sexy legs" contest) and RCL ("belly flop" contest) as very tacky (sorry, not to offend anyone) and we are not interested in such things.
All we want is a nice quiet cruise and if that means traveling with an older crowd, we don't see anything wrong with that. After all someday we will all be that age and we will not want younger adults to feel like they can't enjoy being on the same vacation as us!