View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Beginner

Default Mattresses (Suite vs Balcony) on Caribbean Princess

Hi! I'm new to the Cruise Mates Boards and to Princess. I am ready to book our summer cruise leaving from NYC, but need some help from you Princess experts.

I am debating between a BA balcony on the Caribe deck and an AC mini suite on the Dolphin deck. My deciding factor, believe it or not, has to do with the mattresses. I am a total mattress snob. We have a Sleep Number bed at home, and when we travel I will almost always stay at a Westin for the Heavenly beds. If I get a bad night sleep I am a cranky mom and wife. This is a 10 day cruise, and I don't want to be a cranky mom/wife. The Princess brochure indicates that mattresses in the mini-suites and above are luxury/deluxe. So, can someone tell me if there is a huge difference in the comfort of the beds in staterooms that are categories above a BA?

BTW, I loved the mattresses on HAL's Oosterdam and Disney's Magic. The beds on NCL? Not so much.

The mini will cost $600 more, for our family of three, which is the cost of our airfare, and is fairly significant! I love the idea of the larger and split balcony on the Caribe deck, and would likely book one provided there isn't a huge difference in the comfort of the beds. Otherwise, I likely will plunk down the dough to get a good nights sleep.
Sponsored Links