View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Case in point. Fox News reports..

A new lawsuit may mean you might need to bypass that spray of Chanel No. 5 — and your other favorite scented products — before you head off to work.

Detroit city employee Susan McBride has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Detroit claiming her work environment violates the Americans with Disabilities Act. McBride says that the perfume of a co-worker made her ill causing her to miss work and seek medical treatment.

McBride is seeking a ban on scented products at work as
well as damages

AND SOME REPLY POSTINGS

"Yes, there absolutely needs to be a ban on perfumes and strong scents in the work place. Many people are extremely sensitive to and react severely with asthma and allergic reactions to the chemicals in these scents. It is discrimination against a person who has chemical sensitivities when an employer allows the use of strong scents in the workplace. These scents, which are really chemicals, can be life threatening to the asthmatic and allergic." — C.

"Absolutely! Unwanted aromas should be strictly prohibited. They should not even be sold for that matter." — D.

"Let me assure you that this is not a matter of 'getting along.' These allergic reactions to perfume are very real for people like myself and my family. When I'm around perfume or the cleaning aisle at the grocery store, I sneeze, cough, eyes water and the smell of people's perfume lays on my tongue and believe it or not, I taste it all day long! It certainly can't be helped and why should I suffer all day long in an office when perfume is not a required necessity, like clothing?" — Pam

Sound familar?