View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2005, 02:50 PM
rosetattoo

Default Re: paradise beach in cozumel

Just did the western Caribbean and went to Paradise Beach, the beach is pretty and they have a large bar which offers food also....chairs are all lined up on the beach with umbrellas, they are free of charge. As mentioned, there is a $5 charge to use the iceberg float, water trampoline, floating mat, etc. No one bothered us about ordering drinks or food. The one negative (and it's a big one), was that the water was filthy and smelled horrible and there were rocks close to shore that you had to very cautiously navigate to enter the water. The water was a dirty brown color about 6 feet out from the shore and lots of roots,small branches, leaves, seaweed, etc., floating in the water. I didn't even want to put my feet in the water, never mind swim (my sister came out of the water looking like she had been tarred and feathered). We asked one of the locals where the best clean beaches were with no rocks and he said, "the other side of the island". We will never go to Paradise Beach again but spend a little more time investigating other beaches in Cozumel. If that beach was "Paradise", I don't want to go there.