View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandy
We are in our late 60's and really enjoy Carnival. We are not party people! I sailed RCC once and never again... cabins are not as comfortable, food is not anyway near as good as Carnival..I could go on and on but to each his own!
That's funny - perception is everything I guess. The worst cruise I ever had was on Carnival - the carpet was moldy and I'm allergic to mold - the food in the dining room and anywhere was way below par and absolutely no comparison to RCL. Of course the RCL's were transatlantics and Carnival was a 5 or 7 dayer. Still - the condition of the boat, The Triumph, was terrible a was the food.

On the other hand I'd be willing to try Carnival again on one of their brand new boats, say The Freedom and see if it was any better.
straight divorced female 60-ish seeks gal cabin mates 40's to 60's interested in sharing expenses for Caribbean and European Transatlantic-repositioning cruises and land trips: Bahamas, southern Caribbean cruise, Mediterranean cruise Greece Prefer balcony when affordable.