Thread: Excursion ideas
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2008, 02:51 PM
First Mate

Grandy,
Yes, we have finallly decided to get married after 14 yrs. We got engaged last year during our cruise to Alaska. We really liked the Spirit and it's sister ship the Pride. I wasn't too thrilled with the cruise director though. A little cheerleader type for us. We are near Walnut Creek. Where in the bay area did you move from?

We like the Princess line as well but with both ships I have found both pros and cons. When we are on Princess I really miss the ice cream and yougurt machines and the mid night buffets. You can get food around the clock on Princess but it's not the same as the big ole speads. You have more choices for room service on Princess and usually if you write something on the breakfast card, like bacon etc. they will bring it. Plus they have hamburgers and hot dogs on room service. But I don't care for their pizza on board and it's not available around the clock like Cranival. But I love the pools on Princess because they are fresh water and they don't drain the pools at night. But I miss the late night comedy shows that Carnival has. I would cruise Princess again. Any questions feel free to ask.
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)