View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: best deal for a single who doesn't want to share a cabin

Check HAL closely - sometimes you can single at about 150%. That said, dragging your kiddo on a cruise is another alternative - they can be useful for hauling heavy luggage, disposing of surplus dollars and pocket change, and putting suntan lotion on your back. Heck, in the pre911 days I used to toss mine on the bridge to help steer the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
I had to cancel a June 2008 cruise I booked in August 2007, months before Carnoval started charging more to single cruisers who want a cabin to themselves. In a few months I will be booking a new cruise for June 2009. With that in mind, I'm looking for the best deals for solo cruisers who doin't want to share a cabin with a stranger. I'm open to any cruise line and need to find the cheapest deal as I'm a single mom.

Also what is the best place to find the best deal. I'm going to try and do this one without a TA. I'm hoping to do a 7-day eastern caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

By the way, my son and I are very excited about the move from our apartment to a townhouse rental, even if we will be losing 10 sq ft. and having to pay $200 a month more in rent.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas